Re: [egit-dev] Using Gerrit to see diffs between changesets

fredag 09 oktober 2009 10:29:38 skrev  Alex Blewitt:
> On 9 Oct 2009, at 02:05, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> > Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I spent a while reviewing (and coming up with comments for) this
> >> changeset:
> >>
> >> http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,41
> >>
> >> However, whilst I was doing that, another one appeared. Is there
> >> any way
> >> to see what (a) files I've seen already,
> >
> > Not easily in the new patch set, no
>
> With SVN, I've been able to do diffs between two URLs. Given that
> Gerrit provides two Git URLs, is there an easy way to do the diff from
> a command-line git, by checking these out as separate branches and
> performing a diff between them?

Right besides the Patchset there is a commit id you can use, provided
you downloaded the commit. If you don't want to merge you can replace
the pull in the suggested command with fetch.

Look at http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,2

To get the diff between patchset three and four do a git fetch

git fetch git://egit.eclipse.org/egit/parallelip-jgit refs/changes/02/2/3
git fetch git://egit.eclipse.org/egit/parallelip-jgit refs/changes/02/2/4

I.e. the Download command for each alternate patchset, but using
fetch instead of pull, because I don't want to merge.

Then I can diff the two commit id's using

git diff d14cc645655683ba3e30a35833fb2282142e898f
43de8d385b614c72fd796e17da75d381f6e0cc25

-- robin

Back to the top