[egit-dev] NLS and JGit

Chris (et al),

One of the issues is internationalisation, for which Eclipse uses the NLS class in org.eclipse.osgi. However, JGit can't depend on that (because it's EPL) so we can't switch languages in the same way. For the core, we can possibly avoid messages and represent e.g. error conditions as exceptions with parameters, but there might be a difference for the JGit AWT UI component.

What can we do in this case? Do we need to translate those as well, or just those in the EGit components? How do other standalone products (like ECF) handle this optional dependency on the NLS classes?

Alex

Back to the top