RE: [egit-dev] EGit virtual server setup

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to clone the HTTP
>
> alblue:Projects alex$ git clone http://egit.eclipse.org/egit/egit.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in /Users/alex/Projects/egit/.git/
> fatal: http://egit.eclipse.org/egit/egit.git/info/refs not found: did
> you run git update-server-info on the server?
>
> I'm assuming I'm using the right URL, as shown at
> http://egit.eclipse.org/w/?p=egit/egit.git;a=summary
>
> It looks like it's not finding the info/refs via that URL; is it
> correct?

You tried to clone empty repositories : both egit/egit.git and egit/jgit.git
are still empty as you can see here http://egit.eclipse.org/w/

I successfully cloned both parallelip repositories which contain the state
which was passed to the Eclipse parallel IP process using the following commands:

$ git clone http://egit.eclipse.org/egit/parallelip-jgit.git
$ git clone http://egit.eclipse.org/egit/parallelip-egit.git

--
Matthias