RE: [egit-dev] JGit projection creatoin?

I was just pointing out that we would stray from what had been a convention
that had previously been put in place by Platform, that some other projects
have followed (eg, Mylyn has org.eclipse.mylyn.team.* APIs for CVS/SVN
change set management).  But to be clear I'd like to throw in my "-1" for
using "team" in the package segment.

I do think it is relevant to consider using a single namespace for the
project, eg, org.eclipse.egit, and having the "jgit" stuff under that.
While transparent to users, it is relevant to developers and contributors,
who are often forced to browse very long alphabetically sorted lists of
bundle names (eg, in the Package Explorer, Plug-in tab of the launch
configuration wizard).  "org.eclipse.jgit" would be separated from
"org.eclipse.egit" by a large number of bundles in such listings.

Mik

Back to the top