RE: [egit-dev] JGit projection creatoin?

I second Alex's suggestion.  It makes sense to have a single namespace for
both of these if they are both being developed on Eclipse.org.

It may also make sense to follow the Platform convention of using the "team"
namespace.  I realize that the "team" namespace is historical a bit weird,
so it may not be the best choice.  But it would look something like this:
* org.eclipse.team.git (or egit, project namespace)
* org.eclipse.team.git.core (Java APIs, decoupled from Eclipse, maybe just
the current JGit)
* org.eclipse.team.git.ui (synchronize model, etc, coupled to ..team.core
and ..team.ui)

This is a similar structure to how Mylyn does its other ALM integrations,
eg,
* org.eclipse.mylyn.bugzilla.core (Java API to Bugzilla's REST-ish APIs, can
run outside Eclipse)
* org.eclipse.mylyn.bugzilla.ui (coupled to Eclipse and Mylyn UI)

One question I have though, is the JGit stuff going to be actively developed
on Eclipse instead of jgit.org, or will it instead be used as a
library/dependency?

Mik

--
Dr. Mik Kersten