Re: [egit-dev] Jgit licensing and project status

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2009, at 23:46, "Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Basically we have approval to submit JGit to a CVS/SVN repository
>> while parallel-IP continues, but we don't yet have approval for
>> EGit to be submitted.  In the meantime we have been doing development
>> under the split repositories at repo.or.cz:
>>
>>  http://repo.or.cz/w/egit.git
>>  http://repo.or.cz/w/jgit.git
>
> Is the plan to move these to the Eclipse project vserver, or is the plan
> to wait until the IP process has given the nod?

Well, we don't yet have a vserver.  I should ping that bug.  Also,
its unclear to me if the parallel-IP approval lets us bring our
history with us, or not.

>> IIRC, EGit moved its namespace to org.eclipse.egit, but JGit has not
>> yet renamed.
>
> Do we have plans to do that soon? Or are we waiting the outcome of the
> EDL/EPL discussion?

We are waiting for the outcome of the EDL discussion with the board.
Its on the agenda again for the September meeting.  Essentially
it has come out that JGit cannot be relicensed, its EDL to stay.
So the board needs to decide if they will permit a non-EPL project
to be hosted at eclipse.org.  If so, we _might_ rename.  If not,
we most certainly won't rename to org.eclipse.* package.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top