Re: [egit-dev] Jgit licensing and project status

On 19 Aug 2009, at 23:46, "Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My mail filters might be up, but I've not seen any traffic on the dev
mail list for a while. Is development going on but at the old list? Is that because we're still waiting on paperwork getting the eclipse commit
rights together?

Yea, egit-dev really has been quiet for a while.

Finally, what are the plans for the e/jgit repos at Eclipse? I have some work that I was going on the http support but was waiting until I knew whether to refactor the package namespace or which got repository to send
it to.

Basically we have approval to submit JGit to a CVS/SVN repository
while parallel-IP continues, but we don't yet have approval for
EGit to be submitted.  In the meantime we have been doing development
under the split repositories at repo.or.cz:

 http://repo.or.cz/w/egit.git
 http://repo.or.cz/w/jgit.git

Is the plan to move these to the Eclipse project vserver, or is the plan to wait until the IP process has given the nod?

IIRC, EGit moved its namespace to org.eclipse.egit, but JGit has not yet renamed.

Do we have plans to do that soon? Or are we waiting the outcome of the EDL/EPL discussion?

Alex

Back to the top