[eclipselink-users] Expressions with dot notations ..

Hi,

Does eclipselink provide a have an expression with dot notations. For
eg. if we have an Employer having an embedded object called Contact
and it has a property called name and if we want to sort on it I would
like to specify something like

ReadAllQuery query;
..
..
..
query.addAscendingOrdering(orderByColumn);
and for the orderByColumn i would like to specify e.contact.name . It
says property not found whenever i try that with/without alias and
only way in which i am able to do this is to
expr = eb.postfixSQL("name asc") which just goes directly to the sql
which i really would like to avoid..

Cheers
Vaidya

Back to the top