[eclipselink-users] Issue with generated DDL

Hi folks,

I am using Eclipselink 2.3.2v20111125-r10461 bundled with Glassfish 3.1.2. In my persistence.xml I set among other properties:

<property name="eclipselink.target-database" value="Oracle"/>
<property name="eclipselink.jdbc.native-sql" value="true"/>

One of my Entity classes has a @OneToMany relationship. The property name is kind of long. If I allow Eclipselink to perform auto DDL generation it tries to create a join table with row names and constraint names which are longer then 30 characters which for Oracle is too long and results in a:

ORA-00972: identifier is too long

I expect that if I specify a target DB Eclipselink would be smart enough to take into consideration platform specific issues such as max. column name length when generating the DDL.

Any thoughts on why this is not the case?

Thanks,

-Noah

Back to the top