Re: [eclipselink-users] Issue with generated DDL

On May 31, 2012, at 8:31 AM, James Sutherland wrote:

> The default column names are defined in the JPA spec.  If you column name is
> too long for your database, then you need to specify the column name using
> @Column or @JoinColumn.

Hi James,

Yes, using @Column, @JoinColumn, @InverseJoinColumn is what I ended up doing. I had hoped that because things like column name length is  DB dependent that it would be left up to the provider to handle platform specifics if auto DDL generation is being used.  That would be a user friendly enhancement to the spec. Thanks for your feedback.

-Noah

Back to the top