Re: [eclipselink-users] bug: connection leak in Eclipselink

 Le 6/10/2010 15:27, Christopher Delahunt a écrit :
I'm not sure there is a bug, atleast not yet. EclipseLink is using a datasource and obtaining a connection and should release it in a finally block within the beforeCompletion method. So all connections obtained from EclipseLink should always be released. What settings are you using on your datasource to monitor leaks? Could it just be that the settings are not giving threads enough time to operate before assuming the thread has leaked? Check to see if you have configured the connection-leak-timeout-in-seconds setting on your pool,and that if you are using it, it is set sufficiently high for your application under load. If it is not, any long operation will cause it to give this warning.
Best Regards,
Chris

Yes, but they did have plenty of time (simple select on indexed row), although I think the problem really is that the connection is waiting for a lock which never becomes available... But this looks strange, too: all transactions are from the same application, and we never lock or begin a transaction explicitely (ejb again).

What to look next? We have no clue what to do to solve this recurring issue :-(

begin:vcard
fn:Yannick Majoros
n:Majoros;Yannick
org:UCL;SGSI/EPC
adr;quoted-printable:;;place de l'Universit=C3=A9, 1;Louvain-la-Neuve;;1348;Belgique
email;internet:yannick.majoros@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title;quoted-printable:D=C3=A9veloppeur
tel;work:+32 10 47.94.42
tel;cell:+32 498 70.72.13