Re: [eclipselink-users] bug: connection leak in Eclipselink

I can't see how any JTA managed connection can be leaked.

I have not seen any connection leaking issue with EclipseLink.

Can you recreate the leaking connection usecase in a test?  Try to narrow
down when the connection leak occurs, to determine what is causing it.

ymajoros wrote:

>   Le 6/10/2010 15:27, Christopher Delahunt a écrit :
>> I'm not sure there is a bug, atleast not yet.  EclipseLink is using a
>> datasource and obtaining a connection and should release it in a
>> finally block within the beforeCompletion method.  So all connections
>> obtained from EclipseLink should always be released.  What settings
>> are you using on your datasource to monitor leaks?  Could it just be
>> that the settings are not giving threads enough time to operate before
>> assuming the thread has leaked?  Check to see if you have configured
>> the connection-leak-timeout-in-seconds
>> setting on your pool,and that if you are using it, it is set
>> sufficiently high for your application under load.  If it is not, any
>> long operation will cause it to give this warning.
>> Best Regards,
>> Chris
>>
> Yes, but they did have plenty of time (simple select on indexed row),
> although I think the problem really is that the connection is waiting
> for a lock which never becomes available... But this looks strange, too:
> all transactions are from the same application, and we never lock or
> begin a transaction explicitely (ejb again).
>
> What to look next? We have no clue what to do to solve this recurring
> issue :-(
>

> begin:vcard
> fn:Yannick Majoros
> n:Majoros;Yannick
> org:UCL;SGSI/EPC
> adr;quoted-printable:;;place de l'Universit=C3=A9,
> 1;Louvain-la-Neuve;;1348;Belgique
> email;internet:yannick.majoros@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> title;quoted-printable:D=C3=A9veloppeur
> tel;work:+32 10 47.94.42