Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink @Lob Implementation DB Limitations

You can have the DDL output to a file, and edit the file.

Refer to org.eclipse.persistence.config.PersistenceUnitProperties for a list
of DDL properties:

"eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode"="sql-script"
"eclipselink.create-ddl-jdbc-file-name"
"eclipselink.drop-ddl-jdbc-file-name"

You could also use a SessionCustomizer and the schemaframework and
DefaultTableGenerator to generate the schema yourself and customize the
TableDefinitions in code.

Magnus Heino wrote:

>> A workaround may be to use a DescriptorCustomizer or SessionCustomizer to
>> set the mapping's field dynamically based on the platform.  Or use your
>> own
>> scripts to generate or alter the schema.
>>

> As a Oracle Spatial user, this is somethings I have been looking at
> recently
> too. Is it possible to alter the generated ddl? Are there hooks to hook
> into
> to and add own stuff?
>
> /Magnus

-----