Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipselink in SE Environment not able to provide persistence

The fact that you are not seeing any logging information likely indicates that for some reason your run target is not seeing eclipselink.jar as a service provider.

That could mean either your classpath is not setup properly or your eclipselink.jar is somehow corrupt. Are you running a completely standalone application in java, or are you running your application on some kind of container. (Tomcat? Spring?)

It might be a good idea to do a quick debug through the persistence code. The code is fairly simple. You can get the source here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.persistence/trunk/plugins/javax.persistence/persistence-src.zip

-Tom

JMarco wrote:
I played around with eclipselink logging now. Well is set the setting to
finest but still don't get any more information.

I also added my User class to the persistence.xml but it's not doing
anything.
I still get the same exception.

Running test
[EL Info]: 2009.02.13 18:22:48.836--Test logging
Exception in thread "main" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No
Persistence provider for EntityManager named EclipseLinkTest
	at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:89)
	at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:60)
	at de.eclipselinktest.RunTest.test(RunTest.java:19)

I could put the zipped eclipse project folder (it's just a small
testproject) on drop.io so one (you ;)) could have a look on it.

Back to the top