Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipselink in SE Environment not able to provide persistence

Hi Marco,

Where is your persistence.xml. It should be in a directory called META-INF in the jar or directory that holds your persistence unit and that directory or jar should be on your classpath.

If that does not help, try increasing the logging level to FINEST. What do you see when you call Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory()?

  Is eclipselink.jar on your classpath?

-Tom

JMarco wrote:
Hi!

I'm trieing to use EclipseLink in a Java 1.6 SE fat client project.
I set up a little test to try EclipseLink. Unfortunately it's not working
:(.
I get following Exception:

[EXCEPTION]
Exception in thread "main" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No
Persistence provider for EntityManager named EclipseLinkTest
	at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:89)
	at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:60)
	at de.eclipselinktest.RunTest.<init>(RunTest.java:12)
	at de.eclipselinktest.eclipseLinkTest.main(eclipseLinkTest.java:11)
[/EXCEPTION]

Well of course I have a persistence.xml.

[persistence.xml]
<persistence-unit name="EclipseLinkTest" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
  <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
<exclude-unlisted-classes>false</exclude-unlisted-classes>
  <properties>
	<property name="eclipselink.logging.level" value="FINE"/>
	<property name="eclipselink.logging.thread" value="false"/>
	<property name="eclipselink.logging.session" value="false"/>
	<property name="eclipselink.logging.timestamp" value="false"/>
	<property name="eclipselink.logging.exceptions" value="false"/>
	<!-- The following properties should be customized to run the example -->
[/persistence.xml]

This is my test:
[TEST]
public class RunTest {
	EntityManagerFactory emf =
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("EclipseLinkTest");
    EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();
public void test() {
		for(long primaryKey = 1; primaryKey < 10; primaryKey++) {
        User user = em.find(User.class, primaryKey);
if (user != null) { System.out.println(user.toString()); }
		}
	}
[/TEST]

If I write rubbish before <persistence-unit name> in the XML, Eclipse is
complaining so the file is not beeing ignored but something else must be
wrong.

Thx
Bye
Marco