Re: [eclipselink-users] UnidirectionalOneToManyMapping yeesh!

The answers are inline
----- Original Message -----
From: "cowwoc" <cowwoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:43 PM
Subject: [eclipselink-users] UnidirectionalOneToManyMapping yeesh!

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/JPA2.0/uni-directional_onetomany_mapping
> by chance. I wanted to take this opportunity to give some feedback ;)
>
> The proposed code "smells" so bad I don't know where to begin. A few glaring
> cosmetic issues:
>
> 1) Extremely long class names such as UnidirectionalOneToManyMapping and
> UnidirectionalOneToManyRelationMaintanenceMode. What are you thinking?!
I am thinking that UnidirectionalOneToManyMapping is a good name: it describes exactly what the mapping is.
Also I am thinking that it's a working document the main purpose of which
is to communicate requirements, pinpoint possible problems, suggest alternative solutions for them etc. -
but not necessarily spend precious time on every last detail.
BTW, The feature has been already implemented in 1.1 (see http://bugs.eclipse.org/241414):
UnidirectionalOneToManyMapping has been added to the code,
but UnidirectionalOneToManyRelationMaintanenceMode hasn't been.
 In
> my experience long names are usually a strong indication that something more
> fundamental is wrong.
In my experience they are not.