[eclipse.org-members-committers] EclipseCon News: Register by February 14 and Save $150

Hello all,

To view this newsletter online, go to http://www.eclipse.org/community/newsletter/ECon2012/February7.html.

EclipseCon 2012
EclipseCon 2012 News | February 7, 2012

Playing Tourist in D.C.

One of the great things about Reston is that it's a perfect home base for visiting Washington, D.C.
To help EclipseCon attendees decide what to see (besides the Air and Space Museum!), we have a tourism page on the conference website.
There you'll learn the fast-and-cheap way to get into the District, discover why your agenda should include the Library of Congress but not the White House, and find out which museum cafeteria has amazing food.

Book Your Room!

We hope you took our frequent advice and booked your roomearly. If not, now's the time – the hotel is nearly sold out.

Which Tutorial?

Monday at EclipseCon is a bit different than the other days, with a diverse group of half-day tutorials to choose from, plus a Modeling Symposium. Pre-registration is required for Monday sessions so we can optimize our space planning; thanks in advance for your help with this.

Early Registration Prices End on February 14

The deadline for early registration prices is quickly approaching. Register by February 14 to save $150 off the Advance registration price. Remember, members, committers, and alumni get an extra discount.
register now button

Meet the Speakers

We have some amazing speakers lined up for the Agile ALM Connectconference. To introduce these presenters, Ian Skerrett of the Eclipse Foundation has been posting Q&A sessions with the speakers on his blog.

Michael Fiedler and Steve Speicher
Q&A: OSLC and Eclipse Lyo

Luke Kanies
Q&A: Dev + Ops

Yoav Landman
Q&A: Builds You Can Trust

Top Tutorials

Since attendees must pre-register for tutorials, monitoring tutorial sign-ups is a way for us to tell what topics are popular this year. It's interesting to note that the top six tutorials reflect the top themes of this year's conference: Eclipse 4, OSGi, Modeling, DSL, Agile ALM, and EclipseRT:
  1. Creating Rich Clients with Eclipse RCP 4.x
  2. Mastering OSGi with Ease
  3. What every Eclipse Developer should know about EMF
  4. DSLs for Java Developers With Xtext
  5. The Git Tutorial
  6. Dynamic Server Applications with EclipseRT

Copyright © 2012 The Eclipse Foundation. All Rights Reserved

Back to the top