Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] question from a declined speaker

hi guys,

Sorry for the delay.

When I reply to complains about rejections, I sometimes show the people
the votes in the PC. Sometimes I reference comments from the Google Doc or
comments that I recall from telcos. However I never reference people by
name from the PC. So votes and comments stay annoymous.

I would ask everyone from the PC who needs to explain a rejection to a
collegue to do the same thing (or bring it up here on the mailing list).
You can reveal your own vote. Reveal other PC members votes, requires
their consent.

(i.e. I personnally would reject all modeling talks, or DSL talks, but
dont want to receive hate email from Ed Merks and his gang.) So these kind
of things should stay within the PC.

So far I received emails from Mik Kersten, Sebastian Zarnekow and Stephan
Herrmann. I forward them to this mailing listŠ.

christian campo
p.s. status: I feel so much better, now that the schedule is out :-)

Am 25.08.12 09:42 schrieb "Martin Lippert" unter <lippert@xxxxxxx>:

> [...]
>>
>> Here's one we got today:
>>
>> *From: Sebastian Zarnekow <sebastian.zarnekow@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:sebastian.zarnekow@xxxxxxxxx>>
>> *
>> *Subject: Re: EclipseCon Europe: your talk has been declined
>> *
>> *Date: August 23, 2012 8:23:09 PM PDT
>> *
>> *To: "speakers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:speakers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
>> <speakers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:speakers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>> *
>> *Cc: Dennis Hübner <dennis.huebner@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:dennis.huebner@xxxxxxxxx>>*
>> *
>> *
>> *Hi everybody,*
>> *
>> *
>> *I'm pretty sure you had a hard time to pick the most interesting
>> sessions for EclipseCon Europe 2012 and I can imagine that you get a lot
>> of disappointed mails right now.*
>> *However, I've a question regarding the comments to the proposed session
>> about Buckminster ('Why do EMF and Xtext build with Buckminster'). I'm
>> aware of the fact that there does not seem to be too much activity in
>> the Buckminster source reposity but this could even be a sign of
>> maturity and not a sign of a dead technology, can't it? *
>> *We put the focus of our abstract explicitly on the strength Buckminster
>> alone (instead of talking about weaknesses of the alternatives).
>> However, it would be possible to shift it slightly to a more comparitive
>> style. Since Dennis pretty much used any available technology in the
>> past to build rather complex set up Eclipse projects, he's a lot of
>> experience with that and knows about the drawbacks, the must-haves and
>> the niceties of all those (PDE build, athena, maven tycho, buckminster
>> ... as I said pretty much everything was used). So it's not that we try
>> to ride a dead horse on the releng side of EMF and Xtext but that we are
>> convinced about the Buckminsters based technology stack. Given the fact
>> that Maven-CBI still strives for goals that Buckminster already reached
>> two years ago, we're pretty excited about that. Is there any chance that
>> you reconsider the decision to decline the proposed session? *
>> *
>> *
>> *I'm on vacation until Tuesday, 28. Sep so I won't be able to answer
>> immediatly to your reponse. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to hearing
>> from you,*
>> *Sebastian*
>>

>> Anne Jacko
>> Eclipse Foundation
>> 503-784-3788 (cell)

>> compeople AG
>> Untermainanlage 8
>> 60329 Frankfurt/Main
>> fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
>> fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
>> web: www.compeople.de <http://www.compeople.de/>
>>
>> Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
>> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0