[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Commercial Theater

One of the topics that came up in an earlier meeting was the idea that there would be a commercial theater at EclipseCon.  I do not see this opportunity mentioned anywhere in the Sponsor offerings.

My preference would be to create a sponsor opportunity that runs after the Exhibit hall where commercial vendors are given a chance to demonstrate their products and tools.  I think this has a number of benefits:

-          It provides an appropriate venue to demonstrate Eclipse based commercial tools to a large community

-          It clearly separates commercial talks from non-commercial content

-          It allows vendors to promote their demo during the exhibit hall

-          It would allow us to re-use the exhibit hall space without impacting the number of rooms available for talks

Thoughts?

Scott Rosenbaum

Back to the top