Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Commercial Theater

Title: Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Commercial Theater
+1

On 10/19/07 11:50 AM, "Scott Rosenbaum" <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of the topics that came up in an earlier meeting was the idea that there would be a commercial theater at EclipseCon.  I do not see this opportunity mentioned anywhere in the Sponsor offerings.

My preference would be to create a sponsor opportunity that runs after the Exhibit hall where commercial vendors are given a chance to demonstrate their products and tools.  I think this has a number of benefits:
-
        It provides an appropriate venue to demonstrate Eclipse based commercial tools to a large community
-
        It clearly separates commercial talks from non-commercial content
-
        It allows vendors to promote their demo during the exhibit hall
-
        It would allow us to re-use the exhibit hall space without impacting the number of rooms available for talks

Thoughts?

Scott Rosenbaum