RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Potential BusinessTrack Topics

- Evans Data to present on some recent market research studies
Trends they are seeing with development in general or Eclipse based trends?
I'd like to see trends in the industry and where Eclipse fits in to the
picture. Do you think this is a long or a short talk?

>>> I think this would a long talk.   I agree it would be nice to have some
industry trends and how Eclipse fits.  That is what they usually do.

- I was thinking of doing a session on marketing open source projects
As the WTP ecosystem lead I'd like to hear this. How much do you think this
would overlap with Stephen's talk? Who is the target audience? Eclipse
projects? (We really rely on you.) Are there many other open source project
leads in attendance at EclipseCon who you think would attend this talk?

about the success open source projects have enjoyed.   Therefore, the target
audience would be open source project leaders and commercial product
managers/marketing types.   There might be some overlap with Stephen's talk
but not a lot, and I would try to make it more specific to open
source/Eclipse.

- Panel discussion on RIA and RCP applications   (probably also a user track
session)
Do you have any panellists in mind?

- Panel discussion of Strategic members on there experiences of joining the
Eclipse community
What sort of information do you expect to hear in this panel and who is the
target audience? Is this going to end up being a panel of strategic members
sharing war stories of joining Eclipse or singing Eclipse's praise?

just be singing the praise.  I like Mike Talyor's idea of asking BEA to
present on the business case for going to Eclipse.

Back to the top