Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Next Meeting?

Hi Tom, all,

Just to highlight that Platform can already support some items in this approach, at low enough level (Text, Resources). Many interesting extensions are also available in JDT, but they're only in JDT and weren't made more generic so far.
On the ide-dev, this has also been a topic lately, to define an abstraction of a text editor that would allow the features you mentioned. However, my impression is that this is all a set of individual initiatives that are currently failing at being gathered. And DLTK also provides some generic extensions such as pluggable hovers, but I'm not sure what it cost for a new language to be able to use DLTK.