Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Next Meeting?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 4:16 AM, Oberhuber, Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+1 for cloud workspace / desktop IDE for convergence.

Wasn’t the Flux project exactly about that ?

https://www.eclipse.org/flux/

I see many committers but no recent commits, does anybody know recent status ?

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.flux/who

https://github.com/eclipse/flux/graphs/contributors

Essentially there was a lot of interest in Flux but it didn't gather enough momentum to bring in contributors, and the project stalled. There is still a working prototype there, that anyone is welcome to pick up and continue. I really love its architecture and overall approach, and I think this model of blending cloud-based and desktop tools will eventually gain traction. It might have been a bit "too early" for the market on this idea.

John

Back to the top