Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Eclipse Users, Contributors and Committer

Am 24.07.2015 um 17:34 schrieb Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Am 24.07.2015 um 08:09 schrieb Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Pascal, trying to highlight that code contributions are more valuable than bug reports or writing a blog post.

I have a problem with that. It implies that bug reports are "less valuable". That's a tone/message which is not true. Even in the case of feature requests I feel that such a message is wrong.

I agree to Gunnar’s view.

The EDP defines contributors and committers:

4.7 Committers and Contributors

Each project has a development team, led by the project leaders. The development team is composed of committers and contributors. Contributors are individuals who contribute code, fixes, tests, documentation, or other work that is part of the project. Committers have write access to the project's resources (source code repository, bug tracking system, website, build server, downloads, etc.) and are expected to influence the project's development.

I agree with that definition. Creating (a few) bug reports does not make a contribution in the EDP sense. There might be people using the term contribution a bit to easy but I don’t see the need to change anything here.

Regards,
Marcel

Back to the top