Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Eclipse Users, Contributors and Committer

Hi Marcel,

thanks for the clarification. The definition describes it well enough,
no need to change anything here in this case.

I withdrawn my suggestions.

Best regards, Lars

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Marcel Bruch
<marcel.bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 24.07.2015 um 17:34 schrieb Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Am 24.07.2015 um 08:09 schrieb Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Pascal, trying to highlight that code contributions are more valuable than
> bug reports or writing a blog post.
>

> I have a problem with that. It implies that bug reports are "less valuable".
> That's a tone/message which is not true. Even in the case of feature
> requests I feel that such a message is wrong.
>

> I agree to Gunnar’s view.
>
> The EDP defines contributors and committers:
>
> 4.7 Committers and Contributors
>
> Each project has a development team, led by the project leaders. The
> development team is composed of committers and contributors. Contributors
> are individuals who contribute code, fixes, tests, documentation, or other
> work that is part of the project. Committers have write access to the
> project's resources (source code repository, bug tracking system, website,
> build server, downloads, etc.) and are expected to influence the project's
> development.
>
> …
>
> I agree with that definition. Creating (a few) bug reports does not make a
> contribution in the EDP sense. There might be people using the term
> contribution a bit to easy but I don’t see the need to change anything here.
>
> Regards,
> Marcel

> IMPORTANT: Membership in this list is generated by processes internal to the
> Eclipse Foundation.  To be permanently removed from this list, you must
> contact emo@xxxxxxxxxxx to request removal.

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058