[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse-pmc] Requesting PMC approval to remove deprecated field
- From: "Prakash G.R." <grprakash@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:20:17 +0530
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=7EyfVENxvUsCRK89eovYWwVInWSTDT97ZShqWFz2miU=; b=DDUgbMw2RX90XBVSj85B+iUr+lrI4sji/tBui/DU9Ag1+u55Kkq4RfFsCuUAvwS5Lv 7/ggRTvApC0nsY07MGQrzhY23wmWhTUCwr6vTPrkRWyiy3ZyPOEI++KWV8LvGX1HkoHG MvYmIbKU+5AHdezgIXX1TcYj5YxT9IqCn6/mg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=GpHPvpDAGd00q2nEpgdtLL/j+z8AGhoV/28ZPksxB5ZdQ3ayTM2ZLyCXst3nSuGwZ1 zzQ66jhrBHBR1VIrJ3Flc8RUt7aTIp4Ijy+RD0Jt0xgd8nEW0RkPV6SiQ44Cnf8z1Lid KWsbYnOOOmhb+BGN+YPa2YI9g1HLayjENal4c=
During 3.6 M3, a new field was introduced in the API interface while
fixing Bug # 206403. Later we found that it would break the binary
compatibility, so moved it to a new interface. Unfortunately, when we
found the issue, it was very close to M6 and in order to avoid
breaking any clients we have down the line, we deprecated the
introduced field, instead of removing it.
We want to remove this field from the API. There is no known users of
this in the SDK.
None known. If anyone has been using the constant, they have to use
the constant from the interface IProgressConstants2.
"When the game ends, the king and pawn goes into the same box”
- Italian proverb