[eclipse-pmc] Updated freeze plan

I have updated the draft Helios freeze plan based on the discussion at this week's architecture call:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_3.6.php

In an offline discussion, Dani and I discussed the possibility of using one of the Fridays for additional testing to make up for the test days we removed. For example May 14th could be a test day for those who are finished with their RC1 contributions. Is this something we should formalize in the plan, or leave up to the discretion of each component team? I suspect this would be useful for teams with intensive manual tests such as SWT, but teams that rely more heavily on automated tests would probably prefer using that time preparing fixes, writing documentation, etc. Let me know what you think.

John

Back to the top