Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Content corruption in rsync upstream

Hello,

The Helios release is 2011 and does not receive many downloads. We've excluded it from rsync to save space on mirrors. but we host the content on the home site.

We have a wide array of exclusion patterns to try to keep size as small as we can (even if we are taking > 1TB).

Thanks for asking.

On 2022-09-08 02:31, TUNA Admin via eclipse-mirrors wrote:
Hi,

We are a downstream mirror [1] of eclipse.

Earlier this year our user found that our mirror does not have some file
that is listed in compositeContent.xml, more specifically,
helios/R201102150556/mwe in [2].

It turned out that the upstream rsync also does not contain these files.
See [3].

However, the https download site of eclipse contains these files, see [4]

So there is an inconsistency between the rsync upstream and https upstream.

Could this be fixed?

You can ref to [5] for the report of the user.

Regards,

[1] https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/eclipse/
[2] https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/eclipse/modeling/emft/mwe/updates/releases/compositeContent.xml
[3] rsync://download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror/modeling/emft/mwe/updates/releases
[4] https://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/mwe/updates/releases/helios/
[5] https://github.com/tuna/issues/issues/1475

--

Denis Roy

Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation

Twitter: @droy_eclipse

Back to the top