Re: [eclipse-mirrors] ftp.acc.umu.se never chosen by eclipse.org download site

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

Hello!

First -- thank you for being a mirror server with plenty of bandwidth!

Our mirrors lists are chosen based on approximate geographical proximity
and what we perceive (from Canada) is the most reliable.

Your mirror scored 143 correct / 162 samples. By way of example, UK
Mirror Service scored 161 / 162.

Our most recent error was:
2017-03-26 04:16:23 Error 999 Response size: 1
http://saimei.acc.umu.se/mirror/eclipse.org/tm/downloads/drops/R-3.3.2-201202061000/RSE-runtime-3.3.2.zip

Yeah, that's likely because http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/eclipse.org/tm/downloads/drops/R-3.3.2-201202061000/RSE-runtime-3.3.2.zip is the correct URL... You should have gotten a redirect to the correct offloader though, not an error, but I guess 999 is something that your script emits as it's not a HTTP error code...

But it could also happen if you expect us to sync more often than we do (two times per day, your docco requires once a day), and punish us for it...

As for redirects: We have a list of mirrors in a database to construct
our mirror pages and download pages. I've therefore updated the URL in
our database.

Did you update all instances of whatever.acc.umu.se back to the correct ftp.acc.umu.se, or just that specific file?

Thank you for contacting us!  We hope to drive as much traffic to your
mirror as we can. In the interim, I'll verify our geoip lookup tables to
make sure they are accurate and up-to-date.

It would help us if there is some kind of mirror status page that we as mirror admins can look at, currently we're kinda flying blind and guessing wildly when users give us vague reports of things not working :/

Many thanks to you, and to all our mirror operators worldwide!

Denis