Re: [eclipse-mirrors] ftp.acc.umu.se never chosen by eclipse.org download site

On 03/27/2017 04:07 PM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> First -- thank you for being a mirror server with plenty of bandwidth!
>>
>> Our mirrors lists are chosen based on approximate geographical proximity
>> and what we perceive (from Canada) is the most reliable.
>>
>> Your mirror scored 143 correct / 162 samples. By way of example, UK
>> Mirror Service scored 161 / 162.
>>
>> Our most recent error was:
>> 2017-03-26 04:16:23 Error 999 Response size: 1
>> http://saimei.acc.umu.se/mirror/eclipse.org/tm/downloads/drops/R-3.3.2-201202061000/RSE-runtime-3.3.2.zip
>>

> Yeah, that's likely because
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/eclipse.org/tm/downloads/drops/R-3.3.2-201202061000/RSE-runtime-3.3.2.zip
> is the correct URL... You should have gotten a redirect to the correct
> offloader though, not an error, but I guess 999 is something that your
> script emits as it's not a HTTP error code...
>
> But it could also happen if you expect us to sync more often than we
> do (two times per day, your docco requires once a day), and punish us
> for it...

Our sampling uses files >= 2 days old to avoid such penalties.  The
error code could indeed be a redirect, so we should not see any of those
anymore, as we've updated the hostname of your mirror.

>> As for redirects: We have a list of mirrors in a database to construct
>> our mirror pages and download pages. I've therefore updated the URL in
>> our database.
>
> Did you update all instances of whatever.acc.umu.se back to the
> correct ftp.acc.umu.se, or just that specific file?

I changed your mirror hostname to "ftp.acc.umu.se". That is applicable
to all files.

>> Thank you for contacting us!  We hope to drive as much traffic to your
>> mirror as we can. In the interim, I'll verify our geoip lookup tables to
>> make sure they are accurate and up-to-date.
>
> It would help us if there is some kind of mirror status page that we
> as mirror admins can look at, currently we're kinda flying blind and
> guessing wildly when users give us vague reports of things not working :/

Agreed, that would be useful.

Denis

Back to the top