[eclipse-mirrors] PHP support on HTTP mirrors really necessary ?

Hey all,

I'm in the progress of getting our eclipse mirror ready.
I now am wondering if mod_php is really needed to serve eclipse files
over http?

Could anyone please explain why php is really needed to serve static
files as a mirror? Are there any redirect things other then index.php?

Regards

Christian

--
Christian Rohmann

Content Delivery Server u. Dienste
Network Engineering & Design

NETCOLOGNE Gesellschaft für Telekommunikation mbH
Am Coloneum 9 | 50829 Köln
Tel: 0221 2222-5751 | Fax: 0221 2222-75751
http://www.netcologne.de

 Geschäftsführer:
 Werner Hanf
 Dipl.-Ing. Karl-Heinz Zankel