[eclipse-mirrors] Eclipse Galileo launch June 24

Greetings,

Every year Eclipse releases a new version of its popular platform, as well as pre-packaged 'distros' featuring powerful tools. This year's release will be on June 24.

This year, for the 24-hour mirror syncup period starting June 23, Eclipse.org will provide (and seed) BitTorrents for the packages.  We're hoping the early adopters will flock to the torrents, thus relieving us all of many terabytes of data transfer on the day of the launch.  Well, I can dream.

If you are not mirroring all of Eclipse.org and you want to help with the additional http load on June 24, please make sure you include these directories in your RSYNC script.  You don't need to tell anyone -- if you retain the same directory structure, our crawler will find them.

download.eclipse.org/technology   (full_technology=yes if you use our RSYNC shell script)
download.eclipse.org/eclipse    (full_platform=yes)
download.eclipse.org/releases   (release_trains=yes)

One June 23, as soon as all the files are in place, I will post here asking our mirror sites, especially our RSYNC hubs in the UK (rsync.mirrorservice.org) and the USA (rsync.osuosl.org) to manually sync with us.

Many thanks to you all for making Eclipse downloads possible (and fast).

Denis

Back to the top