Re: [eclipse-mirrors] PHP scripts complaint

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:07:16AM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 11:34:33PM -0500, Eric Pierce wrote:
> > I haven't seen this behavior on my mirror--I looked through my logs and I've
> > had several requests for those pages.  What version of PHP are you running?
>
> I have php 4.2.2 and apache 2.0.40 (both from redhat 8 or 9)
> The problem is that the server (only apache) kept allocating memory like
> crazy and was then killed by the kernel at some point where the apache
> process got to big. After the removal of the php scripts I do not have
> any problems any longer.

At had another look at the php scripts and someone recommended following
change:

-       while (!feof($fileHandle)) {
+       while ($filehandle && !feof($fileHandle)) {

As I am not mirroring the whole eclipse tree and therefore do not have
all the files which the php scripts are using a good solution would
probably be that the scripts check if the file exists before entering
the while loops.

		Adrian

--
Adrian Reber <adrian@xxxxxxxx>                  http://lisas.de/~adrian/