Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] What I dislike about using EMF for e4...

> Keep in mind that there is a very large modeling community
> exploiting EMF models as well as providing services around them, so
> in terms of growing a large e4 community, leveraging existing ones
> seems like a good approach, at least on the surface.

I'm late to the party on responding, trying to catch up on this list ;)

Not acknowledging a growing (modeling) eco-system which provides good tools to work with these types of models is not to be taken lightly.

Let's not fall in the trap of NIH syndrome. If anything I have learned in the history of software engineering, the better technology doesn't always win IMHO, there are always social aspects.

Let's make sure we can at least leverage that modeling community somehow along with existing tools. The success of e4 will depend on how easy it is to build e4-related things... and that depends on a good toolset...

Just a thought... I mean no offense here... :)

--
Cheers,

~ Chris Aniszczyk

Back to the top