[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] What exactly will be part of e4?

I think what is considered part of current (eclipse 3) "platform"
is partly determined by the history of eclipse. Will we just
take the historic platform components and rework them as e4?

The e4 discussion up to now has been very much focused on the
presentation layer (SWT/JFace/Workbench).

I'd like to see a clear picture of what is part of e4 and what the
layers are.

What about compare, text, jobs, update, resources, debug, team? Are
those part of e4? What will be the impact of e4 on those components?

For example, why is CVS and Ant part of the (current) platform
but not EMF? EMF seems more fundamental and general than say, CVS.

Michael

Back to the top