[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] [soc-dev] Salvo - the Eclipse NNTP/Newsreader Project
- From: Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:23:22 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=Ws3TzVAu/fQLneybHjbye31DFGsW1w7MsNrBQO29VyExK5/RJjnB1m3j6smKS30uPi z7BVdI2+wUZakvl2Cr93EMhmeNy6XZk+sH8gnPMjQ8oUXHZe9kFCUqLsTb6FpGZ398VG Tt/3HM+ezfN8L1QdpUNUW7dE6fkyz2Df0r12U=
In order to contribute I advise you to fork the project from github into a new project in github. In this way, I can pull your changes before giving you commit access to the main trunk. Please checkout the project and try to make it run from the workspace.
In the .application project there is a launch config. Please use that to launch salvo.
Please note that there are two store (local persistence) implementations. One based on the filesystem and one based on derby. They are both inactive upon start. Go to the osgi console and type ss store
then start one of the two. Both should work
On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Isuru Udana <isudana@xxxxxxxxx>
I was busy with my end semester exams during last week. That's why I couldn't keep touch with the project.
I downloaded the Salvo RCP application and test it out. It's a great feature to integrate into the eclipse workbench since developers can ask for help and share their ideas directly from the workbench.
But my concern is whether this project idea is good enough to fit a GSOC project since I couldn't find any major important features that can be added to the workbench other than you have mentioned. Following are some of the minor features we can include.
1. We can provide a perspective for Salvo in eclipse workbench
Whenever user want to browse through articles he/she can simply switch to that perspective. And users can switch back to their working environment by simply changing the perspective.
2. All the options and preferences available in the RCP application should be available on the workbench.
3. We can provide a popup and a status bar indication when a reply is received.
I believe to getting started with the project I should look into the Salvo code and make some contribution to it. Can you please suggest me the way to begin contributing the Salvo considering the fact I am a newbie for Salvo project.
On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>
You mean as the initial part of the project we have to identify what's need to be integrated to the workbench ?
OK. To getting involve with the project first I will come up with some possible ideas.
Exactly! In what way can Eclipse users benefit the most from the newsreader integration. Can we think of innovative ways to do this.
soc-dev mailing list
-- Isuru UdanaDepartment of Computer Science & Engineering,
University of Moratuwa.
: http://isudana.tk/ Blog
: isudana skype