Re: [ecf-dev] EMF requirements for ECF

Hi Markus,

Could you please put the info you give below on the ECF download page? Basically, people just need to know what/where EMF parts are that will satisfy requirements (even if just pointing back to Galileo once it's there)...so all we need to do is point people to a minimal distribution of EMF that will always work...is there some distribution/feature of EMF that has the ones we require but not all of EMF SDK? If so we should point to that...otherwise recent/current EMF SDK.

Thanks,

Scott

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
Ted Kubaska wrote:
Installing ECF requires that Eclipse have EMF previously installed.
When 1) my ECF installation fails and 2) I then go to install EMF at
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/updates/releases/
I have a lot of choices. I chose the SK with the latest release
number, and then my ECF installation completed successfully.

But do we have a minimum set of EMF requirements for ECF? Should we
just say on our ECF page to install the latest EMF SDK? Or should we
be more specific and if so, what should the requirements say?

Hi Ted,

the EMF version range supported by ECF discovery UI is 2.2.0 up to 3.0
(2.2 is the last version that works on a 1.4 VM). And it only needs a
small subset of the EMF SDK:

org.eclipse.emf
org.eclipse.emf.common
org.eclipse.emf.common.ui
org.eclipse.emf.ecore
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change
org.eclipse.emf.edit
org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui

But won't p2 figure out what is need anyway?

Markus