Re: [ecf-dev] EMF requirements for ECF

Ted Kubaska wrote:
> Installing ECF requires that Eclipse have EMF previously installed.
> When 1) my ECF installation fails and 2) I then go to install EMF at
> http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/updates/releases/
> I have a lot of choices. I chose the SK with the latest release
> number, and then my ECF installation completed successfully.
>
> But do we have a minimum set of EMF requirements for ECF? Should we
> just say on our ECF page to install the latest EMF SDK? Or should we
> be more specific and if so, what should the requirements say?

Hi Ted,

the EMF version range supported by ECF discovery UI is 2.2.0 up to 3.0
(2.2 is the last version that works on a 1.4 VM). And it only needs a
small subset of the EMF SDK:

org.eclipse.emf
org.eclipse.emf.common
org.eclipse.emf.common.ui
org.eclipse.emf.ecore
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change
org.eclipse.emf.edit
org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui

But won't p2 figure out what is need anyway?

Markus

Back to the top