Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.0 project plan (in EF approved format)

Hi,

Scott Lewis wrote:
FYI, in the ECF move to runtime we've moved the bb api and impls into the /cvsroot/rt/org.eclipse.ecf/incubator/<bb projects> area. Erkki are you a committer on some other EF project? Because it would be much easier if you had rw access to the BB API code...and if you are a committer on another project perhaps we could get you 'guest' committer access or something.
No, I'm not a commiter on any EF project. So I guess I'll use another repository for small updates and send larger changes as patches?
Hmm.  This is a problem, but I suppose all we can do about it is:

1) be very clear about the version being used in the providers
Yes, perhaps even putting the major version number into the package name? (ecf.provider.phpbb2 etc.)
2) encourage the bb's to maintain some consistency in their own APIs (I know we can only do some much about this)
Yes, although I'm not even sure how well they might take this project (I don't know if they are aware of it now or not) seeing that forum spamming has been increasing lately -- they have to fight it -- and ecf bb providers could potentially be used for that purpose.

Erkki

Back to the top