Re: [e4-dev] Committer application

Do you know that there is an active community providing groovy support for Eclipse? If would be nice if you knew about each other.

http://groovy.codehaus.org/Eclipse+Plugin

Regards,

Wim

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Christian Pontesegger <christian.pontesegger@xxxxxx> wrote:
Wim Jongman wrote:
I checked it out but none of the plugins compile. When I quickly glanced over it there is a missing dependency to org.eclipse.monkey.
I guess this rules out the use of the new repo until you guys fixed stuff like this?
Fixed some dependencies on the UI plugin. The Jython plugins do not work so far, but all the others do. In case we get new commits that break stuff, please try commit 1fa04ce on master.

For dependency resolution you might want to use the provided target platform (Releng/o.e.esciptmonkey.scripting.releng.target).

Tycho build works so far, but we do not provide a p2 site yet.

On another note, do you know there is an option in the application model to execute _javascript_? I am not sure about the details of this option nor if it is related at all but maybe your project hooks into this idea? Tom?

This looks pretty interesting. I know Arthur Daussy is planning to attach scripts to pretty much any kind of selections. eg. scripts can define on which objects they can operate on and if the type fits or there exists an adequate adapter he will hook the script to a context menu. Could be interesting for navigator views. But I have no clue what it does in the model editor. Will cross-post this to the scripting-dev list- Thanks for the info!

regards

Christian