Re: [e4-dev] Committer application

On 12.09.2013 22:34,  Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

Is EScriptMonkey ready to be consumed? I cannot find documentation about it on your blog. I can find documentation on Escript repo and it seems to build ok. Should I take a look at that or is that past?

Hi,

EScript is released, builds (with tycho) and runs fine so far. We agreed about a week ago to fork it to eScriptMonkey where Arthur Daussy and Pierre Gaufillet started to integrate parts of the scriptmokey codebase. As of today the eScriptMonkey repository is still a bit messy as it contains some plug-ins that do not build. But it is the place where active development continues - until we may move to e4. I do not plan any more commits on the EScript project.

If you are just interested in the plain scripting I would rather have a look at EScript right now, as you may easily consume it to give it a try. Also you may look at the documentation on the blog how to use/extend it. This information remains still valid for eScriptMonkey.

If you enjoy living on the bleeding edge, go for eScriptMonkey. It only contains the javascript engine (JRuby, groovy, python are pending due to licensing issues), but it contains already some nice additions from Arthur where he uses models to automatically create menus and views from existing scripts to easily integrate scripts in the UI. He is currently in the process of porting parts of the eclipseMonkey scripts to the new engine (which I heard is rather painless).

If you need support I will be pleased to help

cheers,
Christian

Back to the top