Re: [e4-dev] Full frame themes for E4

Yes, that is just the alpha license.  Have not decided what the release license will be.  Certainly could be EPL.  If the present license is a cause for concern, please consider it equivalent to an EPL license, without source, and a request not to publicly redistribute.

If there is interest, I could contribute the code for incorporation into Eclipse.  The "correct" way to implement Bent would require modifications to at least the Display, Decorations, and Os classes.  Even then, it would only benefit the Windows platform.   Don't know if that limitation would disqualify Bent from being incorporated.

Another thought is to establish some kind of an umbrella project for EclipseColorThemes, Jeeeyul Themes, Bent, and others.  We are each addressing mostly different aspects of theming, but without some coordination, the chances of code/configuration conflicts is reasonably high.

I am also dealing with a number of visual artifacts that seem to be caused by how different widgets interact differently with the WinProc call.  These artifacts are present, but not visible, when the platform runs without Bent active.  They become more visibly pronounced with darker themes.  Getting appropriate evaluation and fixes applied in a timely manner would certainly be helped by gaining the support of the E4 community.

I had hoped, if there was sufficient initial interest, to move on to discussing these issues.

For those who have installed Bent, could you please check the Core Status at the bottom of the Certiv Tools->Bent Themes preference page.  There is a figure of merit shown for the hook device, expected to be @10 or @12.  Please let me know if you are showing a different value.  If below @10, do you have any other early startup plugins installed (apart from the Marketplace client, Equinox updater, and RelEng)?

Thanks,
Gerald