Re: [e4-dev] Full frame themes for E4

It looks like he is just asking for testing. This is not an open source license and we certainly couldn't consume any part of it in Eclipse under that license.

John

From:        Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/29/2013 07:55 AM
Subject:        Re: [e4-dev] Full frame themes for E4
Sent by:        e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Gerald.

It looks really cool and promising. However, I agree that the license is a bit odd [*]. Does this mean you are not going to release it under the EPL? If you don't then why do you want us to look at it?

Regards,

Wim

*  License:  A personal right to use, as is, and nothing more;
distribution of any component or part to any other person or
entity is specifically prohibited.
* Warrantees:  Absolutely none of any cognizable nature including
MERCHANTABILITY and/or FITNESS FOR ANY GENERAL OR SPECIFIC PURPOSE
OR USE.  In fact, be forewarned that use of this software will
fail, will likely cause failures in other software, and will
likely result in the loss of data.
* If you use this software, then you agree to these terms.

www.certiv.net/images/BentTheme-Grayson.png

www.certiv.net/images/BentTheme-Weavers.png

www.certiv.net/images/BentTheme-BiblioTech.png

www.certiv.net/updates/

> If you have a few moments to spare, I would appreciate if you could
> verify that Bent runs correctly on a wider variety of Windows systems
> than I have available.  There are a number of visual artifacts that need
> to be corrected, and the color palettes need to be refined.  The only
> significant failure mode is a failure to complete the custom painting of
> the frame.
>
> Thanks,
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

under what license do you publish the code/themes?

Markus