Re: [e4-dev] Experiences of a rookie with the community or the first quarter of Eclipse development

On 23-Nov-2012, at 3:27 AM, Marco Descher wrote:
> - The second bug was declared as not existing by 2 commiters and subsequently set to invalid. A third
>   commiter then agreed on the bug existing, did however not use the patch I provided some weeks ago
>   but created his own one.

Sorry about that, Marco — but the other committers' reported that the patch was invalid, and you agreed (comment #9).  So I started from scratch when I realized the bug was definitely not fixed.  I'd much have preferred just taking your patch.

What would have helped here is an explanation of why the errant behaviour happens and how your patch solved the problem.  It proves you understand the scope of the problem and helps convince that the solution is the right one.

I know that shepherding patches is a pain.  Please keep going!

Brian.

Back to the top