[e4-dev] Experiences of a rookie with the community or the first quarter of Eclipse development

This is a constructive criticism statement on how I felt during the last quarter trying to get entrance into e4 development :)
It is not meant to annoy anyone, but just as a little opinion sharing and to think about...

<constructive criticism mode>
PROJECT e4.tools:
+ Fast feedback on questions (especially in the forum)
- I had (amongst others) 2 bugs submitted which the committers did declare as invalid which weren't.
- The first bug was accepted and resolved by a commiter having a second opinion on it.
- The second bug was declared as not existing by 2 commiters and subsequently set to invalid. A third
   commiter then agreed on the bug existing, did however not use the patch I provided some weeks ago
   but created his own one.

To the moment I find working in this area a bit disturbing. I am certainly not gruntled, but I find it
hard to keep motivation up due to this happenings.
I understand that time is short and one prefers to work on his own code instead of judging on the code of others. If
one is to attract and keep new part-time developers, however, this should be a little different.

PROJECT eclipse.platform.ui
+ Great clear and concise feedback and fun to work on :)

OVERALL:
+ Nice people around
+ Fun to work on advanced platform
+ If you need information you can get it :)
</constructive criticism mode>

all the best and thanks again guys, marco

Back to the top