Nice work on the movable trim elements! I'll be spending part of the weekend reviewing it.

See you next week, enjoy your time off

JD

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Eric Moffatt <emoffatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

JD, this is a case where we may want to augment the UI Model itself...this was one of the things that Tom and I were discussing. Ideally we need a concept of a 'composite part' that's not only an MPart but also an MPartSashContainer.

what makes this a bit sticky is that it means we'll have to be clearer on what the 'active' part is since we now have a hierarchy of parts, not a single layer. I'm off until next Wednesday but let's talk about this one then.

Onwards,
Eric

From: Joseph D Carroll Jr <jdsalingerjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/03/2012 11:24 AM
Subject: [e4-dev] e4 PageBook
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

In porting the Console view, I am having to recreate the PageBook functionality.  I had the thought (I know dangerous ;-) ) to create a PageBook and Page as model extensions to MPart and MUIElement respectively.  I know that this would not be possible right now, but would this be a desired approach?  Or should I just recreate the Page and PageBook functionality (independent of the workbench model)?

(the thought stems from how a Page interacts the the view/part toolbar and menu)

e4-dev mailing list
e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx