Re: [e4-dev] Working with modeled UI and HEAD

Am 01.12.10 14:27, schrieb Paul Webster:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Eric Moffatt <emoffatt@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:emoffatt@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>     I agree, the 'best practice' for addons should be that the same
>     bundle that contains the code for the addon should also contain
>     either a fragment or processor that 'installs' the addon into
>     whatever base model it's applied to (I think it's Lars or Tom that
>     came up with this one but I like it...;-).
>     [... snip ...]
>     Can we do it this way Paul ?
>

> Not without chicanery.  Bundle fragments are processed in arbitrary
> order.  The addons have to be added in a specific order.

As stated before this is NOT true. There is a rule in which the
ModelAssembler process them. if we have e.g. 3 bundles:

org.eclipse.e4.contexts
org.eclipse.e4.commands
org.eclipse.e4.bindings

Now if you put a commands dependency on bindings and a contexts
dependency on commands. The ModelAssembler guarantees that (see
ModelAssembler#topoSort):

a) context fragments are loaded
b) command fragments are loaded
c) binding fragments are loaded

Beside that if you use a ModelProcess you can rearrange the addons
whenever you want - as the current fragment system doesn't allow you to
contribute to any Application-Element you have to write a ModelProcessor.

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top