Re: [e4-dev] Working with modeled UI and HEAD

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Eric Moffatt <emoffatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree, the 'best practice' for addons should be that the same bundle that contains the code for the addon should also contain either a fragment or processor that 'installs' the addon into whatever base model it's applied to (I think it's Lars or Tom that came up with this one but I like it...;-).
[... snip ...]
Can we do it this way Paul ?

Not without chicanery.  Bundle fragments are processed in arbitrary order.  The addons have to be added in a specific order.

Command service, context service, binding service.
Then command processing, context processing, binding processing.

Commands are a standalone service, as are contexts.  Each binding addon depends on the matching commands/contexts addon having already been run.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR