Re: [e4-dev] More info about the project

Am 03.08.10 13:04, schrieb Simon Chemouil:
> Vlad Dumitrescu a écrit :
>> I asked a similar question on the forums, but they are unavailable at
>> the moment and I didn't get to read the answers. I'll write down the
>> way I understand the transition process for an existing code base,
>> please correct any misunderstandings.
>
> I answered on the newsgroups before they went down, but it seems you
> sorted things out. It might still be interesting to read so I'll forward
> it here.
>
> One thing about Tom's forward compatibility layer: as far as I know,
> it's not bundled as an external project yet (just a few classes to embed
> in your 3.x-compat bundles), and it is incomplete, in the sense that
> some services are not forwarded yet. I think using that forward-compat'
> layer is the right approach for migration, I'm just not sure it makes
> anything easier at this stage :).

The compat stuff is found in "org.eclipse.e4.tools.compat"-bundle which
holds the wrappers for ViewPart/EditorPart and the implementation of the
DI-Container for a none 4.x environment.

Some wrapper services are found in "org.eclipse.e4.tools.services" who
e.g. provide the possibility to publish a selection (I hope we'll come
up with a better solution in 4.1 to push back things into the context -
bug 321201).

Many of the currently available services in 4.0 are not really making a
whole lot sense (e.g. EModelService, EPartService expect the
ModeledWorkbench which is not available 3.x) other interesting things
like Copy/PasteService, ... are not making a whole lot of sense.

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top