Re: [e4-dev] More info about the project

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:01, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Choose a view and e4-ify it by using the FCL The resulting POJO will
> reside in plugin.ui, while the view will remain in plugin.ui.3x. Keep
> in mind that for the time being the compatibility layer is work in
> progress, not everything can be moved to the POJO yet.

Following up on my own post, I tried the exact steps I outlined with a
simple plugin with a view generated by the wizard. My conclusion for
the moment is that even this toy example needs a bit of
infrastructure, because it tries to access PlatformUI and
IWorkbenchActionConstants and the view site. In other words, the "20
things" services are needed quite early. The workaround is to let
plugin.ui have dependencies on the 3x APIs too...

The page with the "20 things" lists some of them as done. Is it
e4.core.services and/or e4.tools.services where they will be available
eventually? Where are they available now?

regards,
Vlad

Back to the top